Who we are
International Women’s Forum Sweden is dedicated to advancing a future in which leadership has no gender, offering each other friendship and enriching exchanges.
International Women’s Forum (IWF) advances women’s leadership and champions equality worldwide by connecting accomplished women into a welcoming and supportive peer-to-peer network of trust both locally and globally. IWF Sweden is part of the International Women’s Forum, which is an invitation-only membership organization of more than 7 500 diverse and preeminent women leaders from 33 nations and 73 local forums.
IWF Sweden is steadily growing and counts today over 40 members, representing thought leaders in corporate life, public administration, culture and science. We aim to be a point of reference when women leadership and entrepreneurship in Sweden are discussed and a contributor to driving the development and discussion around leadership in Sweden.
We provide a global peer-to-peer network of women leaders and help build leadership skills through a variety of intimate events, mentorship programs and global conferences.
IWF is the only truly international forum for women with at least two occasions yearly to meet with fellow members from around the world, with an emphasis on sharing knowledge and ideas, opening possibilities here in Sweden and abroad, and feeding the pipeline of future women leaders.
Find out more about IWF Global in the video above.
Advancing women’s leadership
and championing equality worldwide.
- To advance women in leadership.
- To connect as women – in Sweden and globally.
- Grow as leaders.
- Established women leaders of influence, who are driven to make a difference and are willing to share experiences.
- Women entrepreneurs and up-and-coming leaders of influence, excelling in their field, who are ready to support and benefit from the women leaders within the network.
No queen bees
We are diverse, open and supportive
Trust and support
We build trust and nurture a safe and supportive environment
We are comitted to make a difference to each other and the next generation women leaders.
- A global peer-to-peer network of women leaders
- Ability to learn from and connect with like-minded women
- Professional advancement and career progression through a valuable network
- Sisterhood and support
- Advancement of essential leadership capabilities
- The leadership of today – and tomorrow
- Finance and world affairs
- Coaching leadership
How we do it
- Themed events
- Monthly check-ins
- Global conferences
- Actively building bridges globally
We are part of the invitation-only International Women’s Forum membership organisation of more than 7 500 diverse and accomplished women from 33 countries on six continents.
IWF Sweden is an invitation-only organization
IWF Sweden, through its exiting members, invites women in Sweden to become members. IWF Sweden seeks to create a diverse membership of highly accomplished women in a variety of fields. Membership in IWF Sweden carries automatic membership in the International Women’s Forum. IWF, through its global structure, is responsible for developing new forums throughout the world that meet strict international standards.
In order to be eligible as a a Member of IWF Sweden, a Candidate is expected to have attained recognition in her respective field and must meet IWF International criteria guidelines, i.e.
- The Candidate has attained recognition in her respective field significant professional accomplishment and is a distinguished influencer within her field who is committed to promote women leadership and networking in a global environment.
- The Candidate possesses several years’ of executive leadership experience, however, leadership experience is not required within the field of science or art and other cultural fields and only the requirement of a highly accomplished leader or influencer in the respective field is to be met.
- At least two Members of IWF Sweden are in favour of the Candidate’s membership and have expressed their position in writing.
The membership recruitment committee of IWF Sweden shall evaluate the membership applications and refer to the IWF Sweden Board for decision on new member appointments.